As the old saying goes "Rain on your wedding day is good luck.", but have you ever wondered why? Here's why, together with other reasons why rain on your wedding should be the last thing you stress about...
Marriage is also known as tying the knot. Well, we all know that wet knots tie much stronger. Thus, rain on your wedding day is extremely fortuitous, because a wet knot is much more difficult to untie.
Even more, here's more reasons why rain on your wedding day can actually be a good thing:
- Rain makes for one-of-a-kind wedding photos. The mist and soft lighting look so romantic and can't be easily recreated on a sunny day.
- It gives you an excuse to cuddle.
- Wedding flowers will last longer. Overcast skies, cooler temperatures, and humidity all generally make flowers happier than sun, heat, and dry air.
- It makes for a great story. Wedding day "disasters" may not seem funny in the moment, but one day you'll love telling your wedding day story.
- It makes for wedding day rainbows. What comes at the end of an awful storm? This will make the perfect backdrop.
- It gives your guests something to talk about and it creates a romantic wedding atmosphere.
So when you wake up on your wedding day and the sky is filled with clouds, take it as a good sign and embrace the rain!